Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Transitions Suck




Transitions suck.

They’re hard. I know what’s ahead. 

Packing. Saying goodbye.

Waiting. Sitting in between moments.

Being the new girl. Seeking possibilities.

I’ve done this before. I’ve watched family and friends navigate them.

New countries and cities. Jobs and marriages. Babies being born while loved ones grow older.

Sometimes we RSVP’d change and sometimes they’ve crashed our party.

I invited them. I invited change.

But right now it feels; I feel sad.  

Because I feel right here is right.

And that’s okay because it's just all part of this.

2 comments:

  1. There will always be a family that misses, remembers and expects you to visit... The Ferzandis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Khush. You and your family are definitely one of the reasons my heart hurts right now and one of the reasons I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete