Thursday, March 26, 2020

Books Make Hearts Happy: A Poem

Flipping your fingers
over each page
I'd touched
you said,
"Getting this book
made my heart happy.
I love you, Aunt Meg." 

The joy it brought you,
and your grin,
caused my heart
to radiate a glow
that drew my lips
into a smile.

I'm so glad you liked your book Eddie.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

4 comments:

  1. I love how video connections are boosting our real life connections. Thanks for sharing yours with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, you're right that our video connections are definitely filling in the personal real time gaps we're feeling so badly.

      Delete
  2. This poem “drew my lips into a smile.” I love it and the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glenda. I'm glad I could bring a little sunshine to your day.

      Delete