Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Custard Is Always Worth It


The sunshine and thermometer readings brought out the crowd tonight at our local custard shop. Once in the line, however, we all were surprised by the wind. It slid through our clothing and engulfed those who had braved the night in shorts. I was grateful I grabbed my oatmeal stocking cap before I left. Even if because psychologically, I'm sure the furry ball on top adds extra warmth to my head.  

As we waited impatiently in the queue, I observed my fellow customers:
  • shuffling,
  • jumping, 
  • dancing,
  • complaining,
  • retreating, 
  • cuddling, and
  • swaying
to prevent the cold from seeping into our bones, which had warmed up during the day.

Whatever action they chose to battle the chill, their wait was worth it. The custard is always worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture. I’m going to struggle against temptation and do my best not to jump in the car and drive in search of custard, frozen yogurt, or ice cream. I’m not picky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda - Neither am I so it's probably good the local locations aren't any closer!

      Delete